gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Karma can be voted by members with at least 25 posts.

gfx gfx
gfx
9679 Posts in 1096 Topics by 3395 Members - Latest Member: Aesseria November 01, 2014, 05:52:58 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Settlement Petitions  |  City of Predomitus
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: City of Predomitus  (Read 2001 times)

Aelek Kajj

• Mech Pilot
City of Predomitus
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:27:08 AM »
The Predom Cliff face runs roughly N/NE to S/SW, it is 137 kilometers in length and soars to 323 feet high at its highest peak; it stands as a natural barrier and divider in the region.  The Predom Cliff face carries one unique feature and that is the "Predom Highway".  The Predom highway is a natural formation 58km from the southern end and began as a large fracture in the cliff face which is the result of Seismic activity millions of years ago.  Water flowing down from the upper level of the cliff found its way to this fracture and took it from there.  Tens of thousands of years of water flowing through this fracture slowly eroded the cliff face and fracture walls and deposited the material onto ground below in the form of a 1. 7km by 0. 6km and 45m high mound.  It was through his process that the fracture became a steady 18% grade incline on which the now river could flow freely to the lowlands and eventually the ocean.  An immense network of caverns was also carved into the base of the cliff.  For unknown reasons the water dried up, the planet went dormant and devoid of life.            

Once man landed on planet and began building a life for himself, trade became a necessity and trade routes began to form between settlements.  The Predom Highway became a key location as a major trade hub due solely to this natural route over the Predom Cliff barrier.  The settlement of "Predom Highway" was built first by colonists as a way to make money off of this booming trade route.  Over time the settlement grew into a town and was the favored stopping point in the region for merchants and travelers of all kinds.            

Once the corporate wars began the city fell under siege several times from multiple rivals.  Genoma Corporation held the town the longest and it was even rumored they planned to make it thier capital and it was then that they changed the name to Predomitus, the name it holds today.  Genoma also called for a complete overhaul on the town's structure.  The deposit mound was terraformed in to four 11m tall terraces to create a stable platform for construction of the city.            

Before the construction could be completed the Senka Corporation seized Predomitus from Genoma and began work immediately on the defenses of the now city.  Senka built a gate system at both ends of the Predom Highway as well of a fortress inside the incline itself.            

When the loss of light speed travel happened and a regular supply of materials could no longer supply a project so far from main front, the Corporations all but abandoned the city and pulled back.            

Predomitus now stands far beyond the true reach of any of the major corporations and is nearly a ghost town.  Buildings stand empty and the defenses fall into disrepair.  A few of the remaining population continues to live there and works in a primarily self sustaining community.  These citizens live off what they can grow in the Eco-Dome and their main source of income comes from mining rare ores and the harvesting of a native moss from in the caverns; there is also rumors of an underground aquafer somewhere in the cave system.  Their only hope is that one day the Predom Highway will again become a major trade location and that Predomitus will once more have a chance at becoming the city it almost was.            

Here is a aerial view of Predomitus.            

Fixed Image link.        -Shadowstar
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:12:52 PM by Shadow Star »
If "all the world is a stage" then where the hell is the glow-in-the-dark marker tape to keep you from falling off?

Aelek Kajj

• Mech Pilot
Re: City of Predomitus
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:16:31 AM »
Ok for some reason my computer I guess hates your forums.  I edited it to fix some spacing errors and now the picture does not work without me even touching it. 
Shadowstar or anyone else if you could please fix it again.  lol
If "all the world is a stage" then where the hell is the glow-in-the-dark marker tape to keep you from falling off?

Agamemnon

• Wardog
  • Field Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:34:31 AM »
I'm not currently seeing a link in the post, however, good addition and thanks for the add.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that do not.

Aelek Kajj

• Mech Pilot
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17:50 PM »
I posted the link but it changed its self when I updated the post.  I'm not really sure what is going on here.

Shadow Star

• Genoman
  • Wardog
  • Mekkor
  • World Designer
    • Force of Arms
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »
fixed it again. it keeps changing on you due to the spam prevention. once you get enough posts it will stop. it is showing up, so no more editing the original post
History is made every day. How will you be remembered?

Aelek Kajj

• Mech Pilot
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:36:14 PM »
Ok fair enough and will not touch no more... btw... how many is enough?

Agamemnon

• Wardog
  • Field Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 07:49:41 AM »
Ok that's working for me now...thanks....  ;D
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that do not.

Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Settlement Petitions  |  City of Predomitus

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Helios Multi design by Bloc
gfx