gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Automatic Registration is in effect (no e-mail verification).
Heck, Spambots easily defeat such checks, so why make it harder for you.

gfx gfx
gfx
261232 Posts in 232999 Topics by 3931 Members - Latest Member: clydeit2 February 21, 2018, 05:29:28 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Old General Discussion  |  Conquest System  |  Mercenary Guild Conquest
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mercenary Guild Conquest  (Read 9470 times)

Wild_Card

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
Re: Mercenary Guild Conquest
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
From all that I've read, I can even see privateer factions springing up.  A group of independents gaining amnesty from a player controlled faction, and instead of these independents gaining their profit from doing missions from their benefactor faction, gaining through random attacks on unallied factions, or surgical strikes on cities.

It would be beneficial to both parties involved.

Don't you mean "Pirates"? ;D
Say a prayer, and draw a card.

Xjere

• Mech Bait
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »
Quote from: Wild_Card link=topic=262. msg5332#msg5332 date=1213498642
Quote from: Xjere link=topic=262. msg5311#msg5311 date=1213277365
From all that I've read, I can even see privateer factions springing up.   A group of independents gaining amnesty from a player controlled faction, and instead of these independents gaining their profit from doing missions from their benefactor faction, gaining through random attacks on unallied factions, or surgical strikes on cities. 

It would be beneficial to both parties involved. 

Don't you mean "Pirates"? ;D

Naw, pirates run with no affiliation whatsoever, whereas privateers are pirates that work for someone.  They were essentially "legal" pirates during wartime, and were treated as prisoners of war if captures by an enemy faction (they had a Marquis to prove thier loyalty to a certain crown).

Kreator666

• Special Agent
  • Mech Leader
    • My band Eternal Burden
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2009, 10:36:10 PM »
Quote from: Xjere link=topic=262. msg5311#msg5311 date=1213277365
. . . random attacks on unallied factions, or surgical strikes on cities. 

An exemple of how a independent could go against the big 4.  Since they are the big 4, you cant rly kick their asses (to a certent extent i guess) and have to rely on hit&run tactics (just an exemple) like going and attack lets say a factory, mine or whatever complex that is defended by one of the big 4.  If you manage to disable/destroy their defenses/mechs then you plunder the said structure for ressources/cash/salvage (maybe mechs if it was a mech factory).

As a result from this, you would loose standing with the faction in question and if you keep loosing standing then that faction set a bounty on your head.  Players from that faction can collect that bounty by destroying ur mech (EVE have locator agents that can more or less pinpoint the location of your bounty)
I am often flagged as a misanthropic person, that to my surprise, as it is only the other human beings which I despises ;)

Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Old General Discussion  |  Conquest System  |  Mercenary Guild Conquest

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Helios Multi design by Bloc
gfx