gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

We are dealing with the spam as frequently as we can.
Until a solution can be found, please report the spam posts.

gfx gfx
gfx
9679 Posts in 1096 Topics by 3395 Members - Latest Member: Aesseria October 31, 2014, 01:13:18 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Settlement Petitions  |  The Masonics
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Masonics  (Read 1687 times)

The Revernd

• Mech Slug
The Masonics
« on: May 05, 2007, 06:56:37 PM »
Ok---   I have read into the site a bit and the lore and others comments on the Settlements and such. Being a Mech supporter from the old days of Paper, Pen and 2d6, I like what I see and hope that any small contribution will be appreciated by someone. With that said I will start this thread out with a beginning idea and continue to add to it depending on the response from the community. Bear in mind I am still working time lines on the history and that of how it ties into the current situation on K-9Gamma. Along with a map and layout of the "Settlement"

As my time is limited tonight I will post the beginning or as much as i have compiled so far and continue to add to and manipulate. Hope you enjoy, or at least spark something in the mind of someone that will make the game more enjoyable. So without further ramblings.....

The Masonics

Corp: N’Rezza – Terran Masonics -- Secret Society
Location/Geography: Mid-Planet (Isolated Mountain range w/ underground Ice)—Southern region – on the cusp of perpetual night and seasonal, with extended periods of Night ( ¾ of orbital rotation is in Night)
Populous Name: Alpha-Omega
Primary Research & Development: FTL Development
Secondary Function: Mining & Genetic/Biological Research

BACKGROUND:Terran Masonics history is shrouded in mystery, dating back to ancient times on Terra. The secret society of wealthy and influential people, including many of the original Financiers and Venturists, the Masonics have quietly manipulated the course of mankind and society.

Upon the introduction of the alien race known as the N’Rezza, the Masonics took advantage of their high ranking officials and dignitaries to cultivate a relationship with the N’Rezza, grasping hold of the advanced technology of the far more advanced race. This advanced knowledge among the Masonics afforded them with advanced technology, which allowed the manipulation of certain Clashes, including the infamous engagement between Tiberius Mackenzie of The Lukron Corporation and “The Slack”. After the brutal display of Tiberius Mackenzie, there were rumors that began that the N”Rezza had their proverbial hand in the outcome, or proposed outcome. The Masonics, fearing that their involvement in the volatile conflict would be discovered, quickly and discreetly disposed of any ties with the N’Rezza, including the highest ranking and oldest member, Clarence Philius.

Clarence Philius was on the Board of Directors of The Senka Corporation. His rival in the clandestine group was Marcus Denian, a well liked Champion of the Genoma Corporation, who was more than willing to carry out the “Cleansing” of Philius personally. The Masonics, left rattled from the deposition of it’s oldest and most trusted member were thrust into a bitter rivalry war within the society. Secret wars were being waged between the differing factions and their supporters, which fractured the society into splinters, clawing at each other for supremacy.

Marcus Denian bore 3 children during the time of “Cleansing” and the years that followed, Daniel, Jami, and Nathan. Being a futurist and visionary, Marcus split his children to be raised in the competing Corporations the 3rd child Nathan’s fate is unknown. Daniel was to be Genoma, and bear the genetic enhancement and gene manipulation to rise in the ranks of the Genoma Military arm, with all the rank and regalia due to that of noble linage and honor. Jami would receive the reluctant support of a lower member of the society who sponsored the Denian offspring in the Senkan Mining operation. Unknown to The Masonics, Nathan was to be under the guidance and tutelage of the N’Rezza

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:59:09 PM by †he Reverndâ„¢ »

Legion

• Special Agent
  • Mech Pilot
  • "I am the roar of battle, I am Many!"
Re: The Masonics
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »
sounds good thus far, but I know the story! I am Harconan at Heart!
"I'm addicted to Placebo's! I'd quit, but it wouldn't matter!"

Boz

• Mech Pilot
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 05:26:59 PM »
Has promise.  I'd use the "Illuminati" or something other than Masonics.  Using a large real-world group and painting them in an off-light could cause issues for the devs down the road.

Mohof

• Special Agent
  • Mech Slug
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:40:27 PM »
Would underground cities be appropriate also?  This sounds like a perfect faction for a secret base complex. 

If it sounds like something you'd be interested in, i've been messing around with an idea in google sketch up.  Can post some 2d screens of it.

Hamilton

• President
  • Administrator
  • Field Marshall
    • Wardog Studios
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 02:40:27 PM »
Would underground cities be appropriate also?
Underground complexes are possible.
Sign off,
Hamilton
"Faith Manages" - J. Michael Straczynski

Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Settlement Petitions  |  The Masonics

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Helios Multi design by Bloc
gfx