gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Automatic Registration is in effect (no e-mail verification).
Heck, Spambots easily defeat such checks, so why make it harder for you.

gfx gfx
gfx
9679 Posts in 1096 Topics by 3395 Members - Latest Member: Aesseria October 30, 2014, 08:54:59 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Settlement Petitions  |  Adnarim - The Savage Settelment
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Adnarim - The Savage Settelment  (Read 6119 times)

Mr_Red_X

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
Re: Adnarim - The Savage Settelment
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 03:27:56 PM »
this is amazing!

I give it my backing!

Boz

• Mech Pilot
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
Neat concept.  The hairless mutant pirate horde would make a great NPC bunch to test your metal against.  My only suggestion:  The planet doesn't have a breatheable atmosphere (too thin).  It is also too cold, except in the direct sunlight, for exposed humans to survive.  What I suggest is convert the tents to mini-domes or even underground dwellings with only doorways on the surface.

Mastiff

• Wardog
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 12:40:22 PM »
This earns one of these:  :)

Nice start here.

Cordrone

• Special Agent
  • Mech Pilot
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
Thanks! I've not had time to work on more details as of late but I plan too in the near future.
"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"

Grim

• Corporateer
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 04:06:31 PM »
Nice work man but i have to agree with boz youll have to tweak it a bit depending on where you are your either burning up in this place or freezing to death lol so domes or underground would be best but the genreal concept of these guys is awesome and i hope ya write up some more on them.
Get to killing or "GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY!"

Cordrone

• Special Agent
  • Mech Pilot
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »
I was just expanding off of the Lorescape that was provided regarding rumors:
http://www.forceofarms.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=39%3Alorescapes&id=70%3Alorescape2&Itemid=90

I guess the tents could be domes but mostly I think I like the idea of them being mutant freaks better. It's darker and scarier and meant to inspire fear into the hearts of warriors who know no fear. True monsters or boogie men if you will. My thinking is that it takes a special kind of badazz scary to do that and that's what I imagined these "Ravagers" (for lack of a better term) would be.

I picture it like this:

Two units engaged in fierce combat, weapons blasting, explosions, soldiers and mechs falling left and right, a commander standing defiantly against the tempest of war barking orders, calling in air strikes, directing his troops towards victory.

LT. Stanton ~ "Viper 1 this is Tiger 1. Sir, I think their right flanks is rabbiting... I don't understand commander, we hadn't yet gained an advantage. Why would they run?"
Commander Namov ~ "Tiger 1 this is Viper 1. Stanton press your advantage but cautiously... move Tiger Lance forward but watch that they are not just drawing you into a trap."
LT. Stanton ~ "Yes, Sir Viper 1. Moving into position... Holy Sh..*Static*! Tiger 2 is down. Repeat Tiger 2 is down! What the hell was that? Fast movers to our three O'clock, in close, where did they come from?"
Commander Namov ~ "Damn it Stanton, I told you to watch for an ambush."
LT. Stanton ~ "Tiger Lance this is Tiger 1 RETREAT IMMEDIATELY! DOUBLE TIME!! MOVE IT!!! GO!!!"
Commander Namov ~ "Stanton I didn't give you an order to..."
LT. Stanton ~ "Ravagers Commander! Get the Fu..*static*.. outta here."
Commander Namov ~ "..." *static*
LT. Stanton ~ "Commander order the retreat! *Explosion* Gorramit! Tiger 4 is down!"
Commander Namov ~ "... *stammering* ... say again Tiger 1."
LT. Stanton ~ "Ravagers! We've got Ravagers on our flank commander! They're inside our lines. We've lost Baldwin and Torres sir and if you don't get your head un-fu*static*..ed we're going to loose a lot more. OVER!"
Commander Namov ~ *frozen with fear* "..."
LT. Stanton ~ "Priority Channel - Link - Recon Division Mobile 7 Charlie Victor Niner."
Automated Field COMS Unit ~ "Priority Channel Override Access Granted"
LT. Stanton ~ "Recon Division this is Tiger 1. Viper 1's communications are down. I've got the ball. Fall back immediately to rally point Delta and prepare for a fighting retreat we've got Ravagers on us... God help us all. Tiger 1 out."

Something like that anyway.... point is I kind of pictured the Ravagers riding in Frankenstein-esque mechs with harpoons, grapples, and other primitive weapons with the cockpit canopies shattered or even torn completely off as they would hunt down their prey. Just kind of though it made a nice terrifying image is all. LOL!
"We gotta go to the crappy town where I'm a hero!"

Stigmatax

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
  • Where we goin' Sam?!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 01:38:21 PM »
LOL! Thanks, I'm dyslexic. That's a common miss for me.

Seriously? ... that would explain all those times you shot me in the back in MW4 ...  :o

Thats not it... it's due to the big bullseye thats painted on the back of your mech!

jeez ya think you'd figure that out already  :laugh:
At the sound of the "MOO" please place your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.  .  .   "MOOOOOO"

Kreator666

• Special Agent
  • Mech Leader
    • My band Eternal Burden
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 12:35:33 AM »
Like those savage sand raiders. Was thinking of a native settlement myself and now that ive seen yours, if I decide to write one ill make it work with yours, like it would be another tribe that would have relations with yours. BTW, are your savages native ppl (been there for centuries) or just ppl with a savage behavior (that arrived with the others a couple decades ago)?

My only concerns with natives are:

-We were asked to set an age for the settlement like 10-40 years. Natives are much much older, is that ok ?

-Technology and natives repulse each others in a way...indians riding mechs that and shooting laser bows   ::)

K-9 is quite arid and is said not to be able to sustain human life outside of a shelter. Well if they are native and that this is not earth, it means they are not human so what are they ? Also, since this planet needs terraforming to sustain life (ours atleast) would it defeat that purpose to implement a group of ppl that have live there for some time prior the K9's colonisation by the corps?

Edit: Lol just realised that this thread was 2008. So Cordrone if you are still around just tell me if those ppl have an history on K-9 prior to our arrival or not. If so ill implement them in my "native" tribe background if I ever decide to get serious with it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 02:46:28 AM by Kreator666 »
I am often flagged as a misanthropic person, that to my surprise, as it is only the other human beings which I despises ;)

Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Settlement Petitions  |  Adnarim - The Savage Settelment

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Helios Multi design by Bloc
gfx