gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Karma can be voted by members with at least 25 posts.

gfx gfx
gfx
245388 Posts in 217179 Topics by 3912 Members - Latest Member: MichaelweR November 18, 2017, 06:16:15 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Old General Discussion  |  General Discussion  |  Appeal to developers
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Appeal to developers  (Read 2572 times)

XoRys

• Mekkor Apprentice
Appeal to developers
« on: February 22, 2013, 04:53:27 AM »
Hey, Devs! Fans of this game are still alive, and you? We still want to trample dry soil of K-9WD Gamma! Still want to fix FTL technology and conquer the galaxy!
I know many fans of BattleTech universe and MWO players who say "It would be great to play mech-based MMORPG!" Yes, there is MWO but it is not the same! People want to feel themselves mercenaries, conquerors, explorers, warriors, traders. Why not give them the opportunity?
You have no enough money to continue the development? So say it to us! And we will seek funds together! Place fund-raising on kickstarter. Please do something. Do not abandon us.
Or if you lost interest to this project so make official statement. And we than calm down.
We still in love with all our hearts with this unreleased game and I hope you Devs want to see FoA released as much as we are.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:21:39 PM by XoRys »
I ask to forgive me for my awful English, it is not native language for me:)
Ищу русскоговорящих для создания русскоязычного коммьюнити.

apocaRUFF

• Mech Slug
Re: Appeal to developers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:49:51 PM »
As sad as it is to say this, I do not see this project going anywhere. I've been following it off-and-on since I heard about it so many years ago. Several times the developers have slowed progress to a standstill and semi-disappeared, only to come back and assure us that they are still working on it with nothing to show. The Force of Arms guys have given us a great, lore-rich Mech Universe to imagine ourselves in, but not much than that. Admittedly, that alone is incredible. And I thank them for that.

However, I feel that it would be in the best interest of everyone to instead focus on other games and groups that are making progress.

Here is an example:
Fields of War. The game is in closed beta testing already, and is much closer to being available than FoA has ever been. I know someone who has got to play with the developers of the project (A fellow game journalist over at OnRPG).

I have no associate with the above project, but someone posted in on the OnRPG forums and I immediately thought of "Force of Arms" when I saw it. I was saddened when I loaded up the website to see it had been abandoned for quite some time now.

XoRys

• Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:58:12 PM »
As sad as it is to say this, I do not see this project going anywhere. I've been following it off-and-on since I heard about it so many years ago. Several times the developers have slowed progress to a standstill and semi-disappeared, only to come back and assure us that they are still working on it with nothing to show. The Force of Arms guys have given us a great, lore-rich Mech Universe to imagine ourselves in, but not much than that. Admittedly, that alone is incredible. And I thank them for that.

However, I feel that it would be in the best interest of everyone to instead focus on other games and groups that are making progress.

Here is an example:
Fields of War. The game is in closed beta testing already, and is much closer to being available than FoA has ever been. I know someone who has got to play with the developers of the project (A fellow game journalist over at OnRPG).

I have no associate with the above project, but someone posted in on the OnRPG forums and I immediately thought of "Force of Arms" when I saw it. I was saddened when I loaded up the website to see it had been abandoned for quite some time now.
Fields of War is TPS. FoA is RPG. I see no point in comparing them.
I ask to forgive me for my awful English, it is not native language for me:)
Ищу русскоговорящих для создания русскоязычного коммьюнити.

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 11:30:29 AM »
XoRys is right. FoA is one of it's kind as far as i know. Open world mech RPG's like FoA doesn't grow on trees....unfortunatly.

Closest we are going to get to FoA nowadays is EVE Online in my opinion.
The only things missing is free steering and mechs...

Fields of War is more of a shooter with loads of players.

I guess we just have to hang in there like we have until now and hope.....unless we make noise across the web hollering for our dev's.
Wanted posters spread across the web....sounds nice....but i don't have the knowhow.
Bring it on. Don't worry, I can handle it since i'm unique in that i have a separate stomach just for cake and icecream ;D

Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Old General Discussion  |  General Discussion  |  Appeal to developers

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Helios Multi design by Bloc
gfx