gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

We are dealing with the spam as frequently as we can.
Until a solution can be found, please report the spam posts.

gfx gfx
gfx
9679 Posts in 1096 Topics by 3395 Members - Latest Member: Aesseria October 30, 2014, 10:26:28 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Player Created Content  |  UDK + APEX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: UDK + APEX  (Read 1290 times)

teufelich

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
UDK + APEX
« on: July 14, 2011, 10:16:23 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4MCqM6Jq_0
^^Someone Elses, not mine

Little demo of what can be accomplished by these wonderful tools.
They are using the recent UDK june release and updated APEX Toolset.

My side project of developer room for scaling mechs People etc I have also been tinkering with APEX for a touch of fun.

Nice to see a mech in full scale standing there, funner to blow everything up around it.
Dont think i have mech coding, srry just run in standard person mode and crap.

my side project though am slowly building it out, hopefully have enough content that can be tossed into WDS's development and be useful ;)

Anywho, have to rebuild environment and then will be pulling in the UK and few other mechs with the Genoma structure i made and grab a screen shot for u all.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:47:43 AM by teufelich »

Agamemnon

• Wardog
  • Field Commander
Re: UDK + APEX
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:53:48 PM »
is this your demo?

Looks like some additional work needs to be accomplished with the construction physics as it looks a bit awkward with the pieces remaining in the air after destruction of its support bases, but very nice looking from what i've seen.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that do not.

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:19:22 PM »
Agree with Agamemnon here. Good lookin' stuff.
i got a request though....is it possible to get the Mosquito in that screen shot? i've been dying to check out it's sponson turret and other details you see.

i guess that request belongs in the Genoma hangar thread. Oh well...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:25:39 AM by Spleenslitta »
Bring it on. Don't worry, I can handle it since i'm unique in that i have a separate stomach just for cake and icecream ;D

teufelich

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »
@Agi

That vid was not mine.  Something similar though.  Platforms (walkways) Pillars, Breakable Walls.
Physics is touchy with APEX and UDK.  I do not have a working video atm of what I have been working on, but have finally got all my APEX Destructables setup to where they don't kill the udk engine when u launch a missile into them ;)

@Spleen

I am not WDS personell and do not have the Mosquito to import into the environment.  I will be adding my own in there and if you have anything you want to see and we can work with to better scale for WDS I will be glad to help/work with.
I know the more we get our works set up matching scale wise the better WDS can import into their world ;)

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 10:11:46 AM »
i forgot...it just feels like you are sometimes. Good for me i'm too much of a happy go lucky kind of person to be embarrased for long.  :icon_smile:
Oh well...i'll just happily bumble along and find something else that will catch my attention. if i'm in luck it might last more than 15 minutes.
Bring it on. Don't worry, I can handle it since i'm unique in that i have a separate stomach just for cake and icecream ;D

teufelich

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 09:59:59 PM »
no worries m8 ;)

have figured out how to make button operational doors and elevators etc in UDK.
Currently the environment is set for night, and light fog (more for distance than close).
have built 2 mech bays... well resembles em anyways, with a basement and of course command centers in each bay.

will see if I can get a video processed on sunday, as will be out all saturday.

teufelich

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:46:18 AM »
http://youtu.be/ZedHzG3mC08

this shows scale of the UN mech (close round about) have to re-import the mesh into udk for better accuracy.

the car is UDK's not mine.

Have incorperated working doors, and a working elevator.  All these I believe can be used in full MMO build inside & outside World environment.

teufelich

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 04:22:39 PM »
http://youtu.be/jX-7jQk4oLY

Going Larger with the bays, using a concrete texture for the main portion of the structure
only 1 bay operational atm, had been spending time on sounds

to be added:
animation for bay doors of bays 2 + 3
Back half of structure
Addition of mechs
lower sections of structure
guard wall/fence (maybe)
guard turrets, security cameras
standard oval arena with destructable objects and then a "Reset Button" to replace the destroyed objects with new.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:23:28 PM by teufelich »

teufelich

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »
YAY

http://www.forceofarms.com/msgbbs/index.php?topic=1098.0

welp time to see what all i need to do for conversions ;)

teufelich

• Special Agent
  • Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »
this brings up new q with the hero engine

are destructibles (for instances) possible in hero engine?

before others get excited remember MMO's avoid destructibles because of extra object handling, physics etc.  the less the server is involved the better the game play.

Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Player Added Content  |  Player Created Content  |  UDK + APEX

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Helios Multi design by Bloc
gfx