gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Karma can be voted by members with at least 25 posts.

gfx gfx
gfx
9671 Posts in 1095 Topics by 3392 Members - Latest Member: inetryconydot July 31, 2014, 08:42:31 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Old General Discussion  |  Mech Hangar  |  Incendium HSM-300 MK I
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Incendium HSM-300 MK I  (Read 2289 times)

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
Incendium HSM-300 MK I
« on: April 08, 2011, 12:18:21 AM »

Hehe... My first (and probibly biggest) Mech I will ever construct here.

The Incendium HSM-300-MK I (Formerley the Inferno)

Weapons Loadout

(NOTE: Not concrete, though what I set the bace for, as the huge gaps in the Guide.  :crybaby2:)

Weapons loadout:           2X 400MM Howitzer EMRC's
                                   - Fast Loader
                                   - RAP
                                   12X 60MM GL's
                                   - Muzzle Break
                                   2X ER-PC-15's
                                   - Increse ROF Capacators
                                   4X ER-PBC-04's
                                   - Increse ROF Capacators

This Mech Is built for High-Powered and Long-Distance Engagements, Hopefully destroying or at least crippling mech/s before it/they can engage the Inferno, or any allies.

And yes, that Silthouse in the third picture is an actual sized human being.  :icon_biggrin:

Note: I cannot really texture for crap. I threw a Camo pattern on there so it wouldn't look terrible.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:43:47 PM by Zulls »
The Pheonix Commando never really dies, He's just temporarily delayed. ;)

XoRys

• Mekkor Apprentice
Re: Inferno HSM-300-MK I
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:16:07 AM »
Mech of this tonnage should have light and medium weapons to battle with light mechs at close and medium range.
I ask to forgive me for my awful English, it is not native language for me:)
Ищу русскоговорящих для создания русскоязычного коммьюнити.

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
i think Hamilton once mentioned that he made a point of making sure that all mechs had some antimissile capacity. Having those antimissile weapons in a tiny turret or two is probably for the best since a mech of this size draws a lot attention.
i almost didn't notice those weapons you put right underneath the howitzers. i suggest you put those weapons somewhere else or you'll face a bit of a problem.
When the howitzers point upwards the PBC's and PC's will point upwards as well. That ain't good.
if they are mounted in a turret they will have a much easier time of keeping up with any light mechs that manage to get too close.

i like the general shape on the legs and torso. The 12 X GLs made me grin a bit.
Keep working at it for a week or so while adding more details and it will be a beast. i hope you will keep designing mechs here because this is good stuff.
Bring it on. Don't worry, I can handle it since i'm unique in that i have a separate stomach just for cake and icecream ;D

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions both of you.  :D

Origonally, I had two Turrets on each leg, both with four 10MM AC's to deal with anti-personell. I might re-install that.

The 12 60MM GL's were ment to be the short-range weapon to deal with things if mechs got too close, though I will add a few other weapons... Possibly a Minigun or two... Hmm...

And Lastly, For anti-missle... Good point. A couple LAMS will do. I orginally planned so this mech had such a long range that It could cripple a mech before it could accurately fire, though that does seem a little difficult. they couldn't hurt.  ;)

Thanks guys. Any other feedback is welcome.

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »
i've written down some suggestions for turret spots below-
-There is plenty of space on the sides of the torso on the height of the GLs for chin style turrets like the ones that are mounted on some Mi-24 hind versions.
-Between the GL's mounted upside down like on the Senka Venom. There is also plenty of space on top of the mech of course.
-There is a prime spot for a tiny sponson antimissile turret to the right of the man. i'm not quite certain where the cockpit is.

As for choice of anti missile weapons- there are plenty of choices. 10/20/30 mm Autocannons (maybe with the gatling option). Small pulse lasers.
And one weapon i don't think anyone has considered before- small short range missile or mini missile pods that launches 5-10 missiles with each salvo. Heat seeking of course.
Bring it on. Don't worry, I can handle it since i'm unique in that i have a separate stomach just for cake and icecream ;D

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
Re: Incendium HSM-300-MK I
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »

Introducing the New Incendium HSM-300-MK I

As you can tell, there are a few new changes, though one is I decided to rename the mech from 'Inferno' to 'Incendium'. Another is the now heavier weapon payload to accomidate the Battlefield requirements.

XoRys suggested I should Add More light and medium Weaponrey to allow the mech to engage in short and medium range combat more effectiveley.

Spleenslitta suggested Adding an AMS to defend the mech.

In result of this, I created a new weaponrey payload:

Weapons loadout:           2X 400MM Howitzer EMRC's
                                   - Fast Loader
                                   - RAP
                                   2X ER-PC-30's
                                   - ROF+ Capacators
                                   2X 100MM HPAC's
                                   - Six-Barreled Gatling option
                                   - Hi-powered Warheads, when cost allows.
                                   12X 60MM GL's
                                   - Muzzle Break
                                   27X ER-PL-5's
                                   - Wide-angle Beams
                                   - ROF+ Capacators

The Twin PC-30's and the Twin 100MM HPAC's are to be the Mid range weapons (should a Mech get close enough to use them...).

The 27 PL-5's should act as a suitable LAMS agenst any missles, as well as the ones mounted on the legs should do quite well picking off any 'pesky infantry', or vehicles. Hehe...]

Anyways, that about does it.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:21:46 PM by Zulls »

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
Re: Incendium HSM-300
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 08:17:27 AM »
i think you went waaay overboard on the AMS thingie Zulls. But then again i did say it would draw a lot of attention because of it's size. :)
But i like the idea of those big 100mm gatlings except for the fact that the biggest caliber available for the gatling option is 40mm.
They look like they are mounted in underslung turrets which is just the thing you need to keep those light mechs on their toes.
With turrets you won't have to worry about those howitzers messing with the aim on the gatlings.

Well one thing is for certain- There ain't a single infantry grunt crazy or drunk enough to charge this monster because of those GLs.

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 01:35:12 PM »
Well, I plan for it to be a very effective AMS. It's also my lightest weapon system for generally taking out infantry and vehicles, as well as helping to take down smaller mechs. If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.  ;D

And shoot, that gatling... Don't worry, I have a different gattling system I can mount on to make it even more deadly, and keep it under 40MM. Hehe...   :P

BACK TO EDITING!!!  :D

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »

UPDATE!!!  ;D

Weapons loadout:           2X 400MM Howitzer EMRC's
                                   - Fast Loader
                                   - RAP
                                   2X ER-PC-30's
                                   - ROF+ Capacators
                                   12X 60MM GL's
                                   - Muzzle Break
                                   14X 40MM HPAC's
                                   - Six-Barreled Gatling option
                                   - Hi-powered Warheads, when cost allows.
                                   27X ER-PL-5's
                                   - Wide-angle Beams
                                   - ROF+ Capacators

Yup. 14 40MM HPAC's. Gatlings within a Gatling configuration. :D A lot weaker caliber, but seven times the amount of bullets should make up for that and then some.  ;)

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
Re: Incendium HSM-300 MK I
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 03:34:03 AM »
You got enough firepower for sure  ;)
Now comes the grueling work of hammering in all the details. i still feel that something is missing between were the GLs were in the first version though, but that could be the lighting.
i assume it's going to be a Lukron mech right?  Are you using Blender?

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 01:54:32 PM »
I can't use Blender. I'm terrible with it.   :-\

For this, I used Metasequoia. It has a lot of models pre-built, and I used one as a side-by-side guide to build this monster. Kinda looking at it side by side now, I realise it looks pretty similar in build to the example (  :'( ).

I might make it look more different and pronounced now (to avoid ANY issue in copyright. I diddn't even edit the model, but still, looks can call that crap -.- ). Thanks for inadvertantley drawing my eye to that.   :)

It's style does best fit Lukron I guess. Of course, If the Dev's would be intrested in this mech, It can go wherever it best fits.

On that note, It might be time for me to attempt to transfer it to blender. Meta is extremeley defficient that way.  :BangHead:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:07:48 PM by Zulls »

Spleenslitta

• Mekkor Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 03:54:42 PM »
if you're altering the model i suggest you get some knee-back legs (chicken legs) for extra recoil absorption. Or it's gonna be embarrasing when you fire your huge howitzers constantly in combination with other guns and the mech falls on its ass from the recoil of the combined guns :D
Less speed and more cost, but i don't think that's the thing you are thinking of with this mech.
Fewer but bigger AMS turrets with more guns stuffed into them would do wonders for the available internal space you got left i think. Especially in the torso.

You should consider removing the AMS turrets on the legs pointing forward since the turrets alongside the cockpit cover that area already.
if you use bigger turrets on the side of the legs they can cover almost all of the forward and backwards firing arces. And if they are of the universal type they cover the flanks completly.
The only vulnerable spot left will be directly behind, but there is only a veeery limited blind spot that can be fixed by making a slight turn.

There you go. Same amount of guns (maybe even more firepower) but more effective AMS arces coverage with less internal space used (i think?).
The perfect "Finger of Death Mech" with few vulnerabilities except for it's speed and lack of hands. :icon_thumright:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:59:02 PM by Spleenslitta »

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
Ahaha. About the recoil, I had that planned out.

You can't see it well, but on even the earliest model on the back of the foot is a
30 Degree Pneumatic spiked piston that can dig deep into the ground and add a huge amount of support, though kinda kills mobility. that's why it's pneumatic, to make it so it can still walk.  :D

Though at the moment I'm fixing up the legs (including editing the feet a bit), and that spike might be removed. I don't know how I'm gunna re-add that, though I don't think the recoil will be too bad, there are 285 ton mechs with FOUR 400MM EMRC's, and I'd assume there stable if they are successful enough for me to hear about them.

As for the AMS systems, I think 9 will work, so sure, I'll remove the ones on the legs. I might mount one on the side of the hip maybe.

Thanks for the tips.  :occasion14:

Alpha500

• Mech Leader
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
That thing has a ridiculous amount of weapons...
I WANT ONE.

Those howitzers could put a serious dent in an enemy base from a distance where it's not in danger,  and the Gatlings take out anything that gets too close-

Oh my god, are those Gatling Gatlings?!

Zerbula

• Mekkor Apprentice
  • Pheonix Commando
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »
Gatlings within gatlings. B/c of the 40MM Cap, I couldn't have 100MM HPGAC's. So I went with A Gatling-within-a-Gatling 40MM HPGAC's.

I should get a close-up to explain it.  :D Gimmie a few mins.

EDIT:

There we go.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:02:12 PM by Zulls »

Force of Arms  |  Data At Rest (Archives)  |  Old General Discussion  |  Mech Hangar  |  Incendium HSM-300 MK I

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.4 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Helios Multi design by Bloc
gfx